Professional Advantage directs applicants to send resumes to Human Resources at HR@profad.com, or by mail at 4820 30th Ave S, Ste 201, Fargo, ND 58104 for:
Application Integration Engineer
Under the direction of the Director of Services, the Application Integration Engineer is responsible for:
- Planning, executing and evaluating assigned technology projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets.
- Building and managing project teams, this will consist of 4 - 6 CRM or AX Consultants.
- Developing, analyzing and executing multi-channel programs utilizing the Microsoft Dynamics® CRM and Microsoft Dynamics® AX software solutions.
- Providing technical expertise to support retail programs.
- Managing operational efficiencies and technology reporting.
- Generating Progress Reports to the Project Sponsors / Owners together with follow-up.
- Directing quality control throughout project life cycles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Direct and manage IT project development from beginning to end (Project Lifecycle), specifically as it relates to the corporate initiatives.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documentation and status reports.
- Responsible for the day to day coordination of customer Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamic AX IT projects.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and reports.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Define each IT project’s scope; set goals and set deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and business line/department managers.
- Analyze IT Projects and provide clarification as required for business line managers and flowchart solutions and integration points.
- Work with Training Department to either deliver or coordinate training as projects are rolled out.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and establish the critical path to completion.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Perform detailed technological analysis of business objectives.
- Analyze incoming requests and determine impact or non-impact as it relates to systems and technological capabilities.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Work with implementation consultants to ensure timelines are being met and proper resources are made available.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Assist with understanding and defining incoming CRM business requests.
- Attend periodic training to receive information updates about technology and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Occasional travel required (approximately 6 times per year) to client sites throughout the U.S. for client meetings and training sessions. (Each trip would average 4 days in length.)
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s in Software Engineering or Management Information Technology/Systems from college or university; or its equivalent – together with two years of relevant experience in Software Engineering and/or Management Information Technology/Systems.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Location: Fargo, North Dakota; see above responsibilities for travel requirements.